- the order of goods and services using the shopping cart, and
- the progress of users through our online cpd products
- searches using the sites search box function
All of the above activities fall within regulation 6(4)(b) of the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (as amended). All of the website functions that utilise cookies, do so in order to provide essential functionality. CrimeLine Training Limited does not otherwise process, keep or view the information once the necessary function has ceased.
Cookies are also used for the following:
We collect and process the following:
- Newsletter sign ups - email and mailing address. We use these to send you the opt-in newsletter and for marketing purposes. If you wish to stop receiving the newsletter there is an unsubscribe button at the footer of every email, or you can contact us. If you wish to receive the newsletter but not other promotional mailings then please contact us and we will remove you from our database.
Name, address, email and telephone/fax numbers when you order a product from us. These are used for the processing of that order and for financial control and management. Those details are not used for marketing.
We also purchase numerous mailing lists from third-parties. You have the right to be removed from our mailing list - just ask.
- Email address click tracking. We do not use email click tracking.
- APP's. We do not know what information is collected via Apple App Store and/or other distributors, but that information is not communicated to CrimeLine and accordingly we do not use it in any way.
- CPD registers. It is a condition of our CPD Registration that we collect a register of attendees at courses/events, and retain those registers. Those registers may be inspected by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board and Ilex to confirm compliance with regulatory CPD requirements.
- Feedback forms. We routinely collect feedback forms that may or may not identify the author. The results of those forms are analysed for statistical purposes only. In the event that the person providing feedback requires a response we will use identifying information on that form in order to communicate with the author. Those forms may be inspected by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bar Standards Board and Ilex to confirm compliance with regulatory CPD requirements.
It is our intention to comply fully with both the letter and spirit of data protection legislation. If you are concerned about your data then please do not hesitate to contact us so that we can address any specific concerns that you might have. CrimeLine is a registered Data Controller with the Information Commissioner's Office.