Position Title: Editor, CrimeLine Criminal Practice
CrimeLine is one of the leading providers of current awareness to criminal lawyers, servicing a client base across the UK and abroad. CrimeLine Criminal Practice is one of the key components of CrimeLine Complete – our online knowledge platform.
Position Type: Permanent. Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week.
Place: Bolton. Based at our modern offices in Bolton town centre. Bolton is just 20 minutes from the city delights of Manchester and within easy reach of the Lake District and Peak District. With excellent communication links (London 2 hours), schools and realistically priced housing, this is an opportunity to work in the Northern Powerhouse and keep a valuable work/life balance.
CrimeLine is in a new phase of business expansion and we have an ambitious 5-year plan to reposition ourselves in the criminal market. This appointment is key to that plan succeeding.
Primary tasks: To assist in writing new content for online publication, maintaining existing content, ensuring all content is of the quality that meets customer needs.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, writing first drafts of new content for online publication and maintaining existing content, liaising with others to ensure that content is up-to-date and reflects current legal and market practice and is of the quality and scope that meets business objectives and customer needs.
- Carrying out legal research.
- Sub-editing and proof-reading content prior to online publication.
- Helping to identify content in need of periodic review and ensuring that the review process takes place, liaising where appropriate with colleagues and external contributors.
- With support and supervision from colleagues, responding to queries from customers and providing support to others to ensure that questions are answered and published appropriately.
- Assisting, as required, with the daily process of collecting information for the current awareness emails and alerts, and delivery of those emails and alerts.
- Assisting with the management of internal processes.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced at working to deadlines and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
- Experienced in assimilating and applying new complex information.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge of online research databases.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working in a Legal/Publishing environment, using technology to create and disseminate online content.
- Qualified solicitor (or min LPC) or barrister (or min BPTC) with proven passion for criminal law.
How to apply:
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Please submit a CV and covering letter that sets out clearly how you satisfy the above requirements, and why you are applying for this role.
Please send all applications by post to:
120 Bark Street
Bolton, BL1 2AX
If you have any query prior to applying, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone enquiries will not be accepted.
Closing date: 16th September. Shortlisted candidates will be notified within 5 days of closing. Interviews will take place on Friday 30th September, although we may be able to offer earlier interviews for candidates who submit applications prior to the deadline.